Wednesday 21 April 2010

80's plastic.

Play while you read. If anyone does.
Listening to -



I've been listening to a lot of Washed Out recently, "Chillwave" it's described as...


 a sound that is dominated by thick/chill synths that feels like it is supposed to sound like something that was playing in the background of an old VHS cassette that you found in your attic from the late 80s/early 90s.

Chillwave makes users feel as if they are in the 80s walking down Miami beach in a cheap button up t-shirt, sandals, and khaki shorts. The same feelings can be conjured by playing GTA: Vice City.


I love how it says "Users feel as if..." It's like it's a drug. Maybe a hit of smack. 
Music, ahh I could go on a tangent like Miss Dahl but i'll refrain. 
Washed Out is playing in Glasgow on the 28th. Definitely going to see him if i can. 
Would be perfect if he played something at Sonar, on the beach. Wow. 
I was definitely born in the wrong era. Cassettes and big aviators.With the added boom box. Oh and a pinhole camera.  
I'm only sad that his two albums only last 35 minutes together. 
Chillwave, you might be my new love.  

No comments: